I’m gay. It’s your day. Done your way.
My name’s Bronte Price and I’m a marriage celebrant. I’m also gay. I’ve married lots of straight couples and I’m keen to continue doing so. And, as a long-time advocate for marriage equality, I’m very proud of the fact that I’ve just taken my 50th same sex wedding booking!
Here’s how I’m distinctively different from other celebrants:
- Certified gay celebrant – I’m the first celebrant in Australia to complete the Certificate in Gay and Lesbian Weddings conducted by the US Gay Wedding Institute. I’ve got a profound understanding of the differences between straight and gay weddings.
- Seasoned microphone professional – I’ve been told I’ve got a great radio voice. I’m a newsreader on JOY 94.9 and I volunteer to help the homeless in Melbourne’s CBD each Thursday night, putting back into both the LGBTI and straight communities on a level that really matters.
- Trainer of wedding suppliers for LGBTI weddings – I walk the talk. I deeply understand couples from the LGBTI community – in fact, I’m a Weducator. I train wedding suppliers – including other celebrants – about how to work sensitively with same sex couples.
- Creative, digitised wedding planner – I provide a high level of service customised to your budget and expectations. From the first time I meet with you until I present you to your guests at the end of your wedding ceremony, I’ll do whatever’s needed, to draft and deliver a cracker ceremony that’s memorable for all the right reasons. I quite often help couples have a romantic wedding on a tight budget.
- Customise your wedding for you – I’m available – as a full-time celebrant, I’m likely to have more time available to meet with you as often as we need to, when you’re free, and to work on your ceremony, to make it perfect.
- Can help you draft your story and vows – I’ve got really strong writing and speaking skills – my career as a senior public servant and a former English and drama teacher and amateur actor has ensured I’ve got really advanced writing and I’m a confident speaker and presenter. And I know how to reduce the stress levels in highly emotional situations, such as weddings.
- Love to travel for weddings – I’m based in Pascoe Vale but I travel all over Melbourne and regional Victoria, as well as interstate, to plan and deliver ceremonies.
If you’re straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or an intersex person and are considering a ceremony, that’s where I come in!
Let’s meet and have an informal chat about your wedding plans – and then let’s work together to create a ceremony that’s authentic, personal and unique. On your special day, I’ll be thrilled to officiate at your ceremony at any location, at any time, on any day of the year, subject to my availability. You can check for my availability and book an appointment now for us to meet.